Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Bean

Last night I was cranked up on caffeine and sugar until 5am. You can tell caffeine is a drug when you wake up next to a half eaten baguette, your cat is still snoring beside you because you kept him up all night too, and your eyes feel blurry and bloodshot. It's like a hangover without the headache. Caffeine is my drug of choice and I've been drinking a lot of Americanos lately. I frequent three coffee shops in Portland Arabica, Zarras, and JavaNet. I'm still trying to decide who makes the best coffee. Arabica definitely has the strongest cup of joe, with a really odd smell to it that I can't quite put my finger on. Zarras has the smoothest, but weakest cup, and finally JavaNet has the best atmosphere. It's the type of place that I don't mind sitting alone in and reading a book.

Really I think I should tone down my caffeine intake, but drinking decaf seems like a wuss move. I like my coffee black unless I'm drinking a Cappucino, which is rare because you don't drink Cappucinos after 10am and I'm never up and about that early, unless I haven't been to bed yet. There are many intricate rules to drinking the bean and I think that's why I love it so much. I like order, although I live most of my life in confusion.

No comments: